The "Essential" in Essential Oil
From cleaning to soul soothing to problem solving (kids shoe odors?!) essential oils are more than just pleasant scents. Shannon Wallis, an expert in cleaning and home organization in London shares that these powerful plant extracts empower you to dodge harmful chemicals, combat nasty smells and even reclaim your natural radiance. Check out these easy tips and recipies for Essential Oil solutions.
Home-made Disinfectant Spray
For this spray, check out Thieves Essential Oil Blend. You can find it in some specialty stores as well as Amazon. The essential oil blend is a powerful combination of Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus Radiata, and Rosemary and makes for an excellent disinfectant and freshener.
Refresh musty carpets by adding 5 drops of Thieves to a cup of baking soda; combine well and let sit overnight until the oil is absorbed. Sprinkle over carpets and vacuum thoroughly.
A solution containing half teaspoon sea salt (prepared in a 4 oz spray bottle), 20 drops of Thieves and distilled water can be used for everything from removing black mold to cleaning counters and tables to repelling bugs.
Quick Essential Oil Tips
- Lemon essential oil is a great de-greaser.
- Leave your laundry sitting in the washer too long? Just add a few drop of lemon EO and your clothes won’t get that nasty smell
- Pour a cup of filtered water in a spray bottle and add five drops of lemon EO for a great all-purpose cleaning spray
- For strong shoe odors, put a few drops of essential oil directly in the shoe or on a cotton ball placed inside. Try Purificaltion EO blend which is known to dispel odors
- Make a basic homemade body scrub with coconut oil, sugar, and a few drops of Lavender EO
The article is contributed by Shannon Wallis from HireHouseCleaner Balham
Posted on Mon, July 18, 2016
by Elise Edwards filed under