Move over Legoland... the latest and greatest in kid-centric hotel suites is now ready for check-in. The Omni San Antonio at the Colonnade just announced the official grand opening of its newest Aquatica Kids suite in partnership with SeaWorld.
Inspired by Aquatica, SeaWorld’s Waterpark, the suite was designed by a graduate of The Art Institute of San Antonio, who created the project with a simple concept: what she would want the suite to be if she were a kid.
From the moment guests enter, they truly feel as though they're under the sea. From the painted sandy bottom floor to the floor-to-ceiling three-dimensional fiberglass/rubber coral-blue entertainment wall, it's obvious this is no ordinary hotel stay. And best of all for the parents, there's an adjoining bathroom and bedroom with a porthole in the door so you can get your peace and quiet while still keeping an eye on the little ones.
Other amazing features include:
· A recessed desk area and entertainment system with two flat-screen monitors – one for watching TV or DVDs (the shelves are lined with family-friendly films) and the other for video games on a Wii U GamePad and PlayStation 4.
· Compass window mural that directs guests north, south, east or west.
· Uniquely amphibious seating that includes a “bubble chair,” and a pair of “stingray” bean bag chairs in honor of Aquatica’s extraordinary stingray encounter.
· Cubby hole full of books and stuffed animals to encourage storytelling and stimulate the imagination.
· Built-in live bubble aquarium that features salt water, live fish, coral reefs, seaweed and plenty of bubbles.
· Large wall map, perfect for helping families plan their trip to the waterpark.
· Pair of specially-designed Murphy beds that unfolds from the wall, giving the kids a chance to get a good night’s rest in their ocean paradise.
Posted on Thu, May 22, 2014
by Elise Edwards filed under