The end of May is quickly creeping upon which means, National Burger Month is just about over. My suggestion is to celebrate by running over to The Counter to BYOB (build your own burger). While incredibly delicious, my personal creations usually aren't that outrageous, but with the help of a clipboard and a checklist, you can come up with 312,120+ different burger combinations.
You can also choose from their gluten free menu (which includes cheddar fries!!) or sample one of their signatures from "Old School" (with cheddar, lettuce, onion, tomato, pickle, & relish) or "Taco Turkey"(turkey, jalapeno jack cheese, cranberries, lettuce, scallions, & spicy sour cream). Of course, you can also start creating your own combos at home. As I'm not officially ready to let burger month go, I have proudly gotten my hands on The Counter's official veggie burger recipe. Let the grilling begin!!
The Counter’s Veggie Burger Patty Recipe
2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, small dice
3 each garlic cloves, minced
2 carrots, grated
1 yellow squash, grated
1 green zucchini, grated
1 ½ cups rolled oats, (instant is fine)
¼ cup cooked black beans
2 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 cups all-purpose flour
1. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil until almost smoking, Add the onions and lower the heat to medium. Mix and then add the garlic. Cook until tender and soft.
2. Add the carrots, squash and zucchini and season. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes until soft and hot. Add the black beans, egg, paprika, parsley and oats.
3. Take off heat and mix. Place in a bowl and let rest for 1 to 2 hours.
4. Form veggie patties to desired size and place in flour to lightly coat.
5. Place a large skillet on the stove on medium high heat, add olive oil, and when hot place patties. Flip the burger when golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes and cook the other side the same.
Posted on Thu, May 30, 2013
by Elise Edwards filed under