Have Your Kids... And Fido Too
Poor Baxter. He was most definitely baby number one, but once the real babies entered the picture, he got shoved into the back seat. We've always loved him, it was just a different kind of love. The kind where you appreciate him being there, but resent him being one more 'thing' you need to worry about. Well, now that the kids are getting older, we're beginning to rediscover him and redefine his place in our family. He'll never again be number one to Jamey and I, but he is to the kids which may be just as good, if not better. In fact, the kids have been trying to convince us that he should be joining us on our vacations. Well, as I've come to discover, there are plenty of fantastic resorts which cater to both kids and pets, so everyone gets to feel like they're number one. At least for a night.
Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa : San Diego, CA
Rancho Valencia's 'Junior Ranchers’ Program Includes:
- Kids welcome gift at check in - (Burlap backpack, RV Activity Book with crayons, Chukker the Horse)
- Kids welcome amenity upon arrival - (Chocolate Chip Cookies and Milk with kids name written in chocolate syrup on plate)
- Kids Summer Movie Nights – (Sunrise Patio at dusk, every 2nd and 4th Wednesday through summer. Snacks provided, menu available for adults)
- Kids Camp – Ages 5 – 14. Available 7 days a week. Includes: Lunch, tennis drills, mini tournaments, soccer, arts & crafts, board games, ping pong, sport games, scavenger hunts, nature walks, water games, tie-dye and more.
Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa Pet Specialties Include:
- In-room Doggie Tapas menu featuring their favorites
- Upon check-in, pet guests will receive a sampling of tasty doggie treats, "clean up after your doggie" bags and a plush doggie bed.
- Nearby grooming, pet stores and pet sitting
Topnotch Resort : Stowe, Vermont
Kids Amenities Include:
- Family-friendly rooms with a variety of room and bed options
- Pack & Plays, rollaways and aero beds
- Outlet covers
- High-chairs and booster seats (for restaurant or in-room use)
- Childcare services
- Kids’ menus, poolside dining, picnic lunches and room service
- Seasonal organized kids’ programs
- Junior Tennis Academy
- Spa Newbies Menu
- Indoor and outdoor family-friendly swimming pools
- 100+ acres of activities, including hiking, biking and horseback riding
- A modernized game room for teens
VIP (Very Important Pup) Amenities Include:
- The 35,000 square foot Spa at Topnotch features over 120 treatments including doggie poolside massages and Rover Reiki healing treatments for dogs
- Dogs are welcome free of charge in select Deluxe rooms and receive doggie turndown service including a plush doggie bed and bowl and have many activities to partake in along with their families
- Can't take the dog on your daytime excursion? Ask your concierge about the local dog camp (try Stowe Kennel Kare) or a sitter (try All Paws on Deck)
The Surrey : New York, NY
The Family Program Includes*:
- Limited-time offer: When you reserve a Grand Deluxe or Ultra Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite with king bed, receive a complimentary connecting Deluxe Salon as a spacious addition to accommodate all of those closest to you.
- A customized "My Vacation" Surrey sticker book to cherish memories from the trip
- Two complimentary passes to experience a family program at the Whitney Museum of American Art.
*mention the Promotional Code “FAMILY”
The Posh Pet Program includes:
- Upon arrival, all dogs receive a welcome treat from Bocce’s Bakery, New York’s gourmet biscuit company.
- Human companions may select from additional amenities, including: a plush Surrey monogrammed dog bed and an in-room biscuit menu designed by Bocce’s Bakery with Truffle Mac & Cheese, Beef Bourguignon and Chicken Cordon Bleu bites.
- Bespoke Posh Pet concierge services are available offering a list of local dog parks and insider tips on the best pet-friendly dining spots the city has to offer.
- Ask the Posh Pet Concierge to arrange for grooming services, discounts at local pet boutique Canine Styles and dog walking services by Throw Me a Bone.
Posted on Tue, July 30, 2013
by Elise Edwards filed under